MSG Network and Garden of Dreams Foundation Host Fundraiser to Benefit Hurricane Sandy Relief Efforts
During Knicks-Mavericks Game Telecast
Friday, November 9 Starting at 7:00 p.m. on MSG
Proceeds Donated to Mayor's Fund to Advance New York City and the American Red Cross
to Assist in Relief and Rebuilding Efforts
Viewers Can Purchase $100 Raffle Tickets for Chance to Win Great Prizes
Online Auction Featuring Unforgettable Experiences Will Run Through November 19
New York, NY (November 8, 2012) - MSG Network and the Garden of Dreams Foundation will host a fundraiser to support the relief and rebuilding efforts for those affected by Hurricane Sandy on Friday night during MSG Network's telecast of the New York Knicks vs. Dallas Mavericks game. The evening's net proceeds, along with money raised through an online auction, will be split between the Mayor's Fund to Advance New York City and the American Red Cross to assist those throughout the tri-state area who have been impacted by the storm.
Starting at 7:00 p.m. during the "Visa Knicks Game Night" pregame show, and running through the entire game and "Knicks Ford Postgame Show," viewers can call (212) 465-3900 to purchase $100 raffle tickets that enter them for the chance to win prizes and help those who are dealing with the aftermath of last week's storm. Winners will be announced on November 19. A complete list of prizes is included below.
In addition, MSG Network and the Garden of Dreams Foundation have teamed up with CharityBuzz.com to auction off several high-end experiences and prizes. The online auction will start Friday, November 9 at 6 p.m. and run through 6 p.m. on November 19, with all net proceeds being donated to the aforementioned disaster relief organizations. A complete list of experiences is included below.
- Signed Knicks sneakers by Jason Kidd, Tyson Chandler, Ronnie Brewer, Raymond Felton and JR Smith
- Signed Knicks jerseys by Carmelo Anthony, Amar'e Stoudemire, Tyson Chandler and Jason Kidd
- Signed Knicks basketballs by Iman Shumpert and Steve Novak
- Signed Walt "Clyde" Frazier basketball
- Two (2) tickets to a game with center court photo with John Starks and Larry Johnson
- Two (2) tickets to a game with a pregame meet-and-greet with Mike Breen and Walt "Clyde" Frazier
- Two (2) tickets and a tour of the Transformed Garden with Al Trautwig
- Jerseys signed by Rangers legends Mark Messier, Mike Richter and Brian Leetch
- Hockey sticks signed by Rangers legends Brian Leetch and Adam Graves
- Lunch for two with Adam Graves on November 16th
- One (1) spot at the Knicks summer camp for a child
- Signed Eli Manning jersey
- Signed Tim Tebow helmet
Online Auction Experiences
- Dinner for four with Walt "Clyde" Frazier at Clyde Frazier's Wine & Dine Restaurant
- You and a friend attend Knicks practice at MSG Training Center, then talk "X & O's" with Head Coach Mike Woodson over lunch after practice
- Dinner for 4 at hot restaurant Catch with Knicks legends John Starks and Larry Johnson
- Shooting clinic with Steve Novak and Knicks Player Development Coach and shooting guru Dave Hopla for six (6) children at the MSG Training Center
- One round of golf for you and a friend with Knicks guard Jason Kidd
- One game of HORSE and lunch with Allan Houston at the MSG Training Center
- You will be presented a Knicks team signed ball at center court at an upcoming Knicks game. (Includes two tickets to game)
- New York Mets Package: four (4) tickets to a game, where you and three friends get to watch batting practice from the field, plus enjoy a meet-and-greet with players and your name on the scoreboard
- Four (4) tickets to the Barclays golf tournament in August 2013 with a meet-and-greet after the round with Jim Furyk
About Garden of Dreams Foundation
The Garden of Dreams Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charity with the mission of positively impacting the lives of children facing obstacles, in partnership with The Madison Square Garden Company. The Foundation works closely with the Knicks, the Rangers, the Liberty, MSG Entertainment, MSG Networks and Fuse to create unique, unforgettable events and programs that provide children with a personal and on-going connection with the magic of The Madison Square Garden Company, brightening their lives and making dreams come true. Since its inception in September 2006, Garden of Dreams has created thousands of once-in-a-lifetime experiences that have brought joy and happiness to more than 215,000 children and their families, including those facing homelessness, extreme poverty, illness and foster care. For more information on the Garden of Dreams Foundation, the programs we run, and the children we serve, please visit www.GardenofDreamsFoundation.org.
About The Madison Square Garden Company
The Madison Square Garden Company is a fully-integrated sports, media and entertainment business. The Company is comprised of three business segments: MSG Sports, MSG Media and MSG Entertainment, which are strategically aligned to work together to drive the Company's overall business, which is built on a foundation of iconic venues and compelling content that the company creates, produces, presents and/or distributes through its programming networks and other media assets. MSG Sports owns and operates the following sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA), the New York Rangers (NHL), the New York Liberty (WNBA), and the Connecticut Whale (AHL). MSG Sports also features the presentation of a wide variety of live sporting events including professional boxing, college basketball, track and field and tennis. MSG Media is a leader in production and content development for multiple distribution platforms, including content originating from the Company's venues. MSG Media's television networks consist of regional sports networks, MSG Network and MSG+, collectively referred to as MSG Networks; and Fuse, a national television network dedicated to music. MSG Networks also include high-definition channels, MSG HD and MSG+ HD, and Fuse includes its high-definition channel, Fuse HD. MSG Entertainment is one of the country's leaders in live entertainment. MSG Entertainment creates, produces and/or presents a variety of live productions, including the Radio City Christmas Spectacular featuring the Radio City Rockettes. MSG Entertainment also presents or hosts other live entertainment events such as concerts, family shows and special events in the Company's diverse collection of venues. These venues consist of Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall, The Theater at Madison Square Garden, the Beacon Theatre, the Chicago Theatre, the Forum in Inglewood, CA, and the Wang Theatre in Boston, MA. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com.