MSG Network Leads the Way With 15 Emmy Wins; Captures Most of Any Network
MSG Media Totals 16 Awards (15 for MSG Network, One for MSG Plus)
New York, NY (April 19, 2010) - The New York Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) announced last night that MSG Network won 15 New York Emmy Awards, the most Emmys awarded in the region this year. With an additional win for MSG Plus, MSG Media totaled 16 wins to raise the total number of New York Emmy Awards for MSG and MSG Plus to 151 over the history of the two networks. The New York Emmy Awards recognize television and advanced media programs that were produced for telecast in New York state and northern New Jersey, and aired between September 1, 2008 and August 31, 2009.
"We are honored to receive 16 New York Emmy Awards for the MSG Media group, which only reinforces our position as New York's leader in content creation," said Michael Bair, president, MSG Media. "To be recognized in a broad range of categories in both sports and entertainment is a testament to the depth and expertise of our production staffs, and it showcases MSG's commitment to delivering outstanding programming to our audience."
"It's quite an honor to once again be recognized by our peers in the television industry with 16 New York Emmy Awards for live sports coverage and original programming," said Dan Ronayne, executive vice president and general manager of MSG Networks. "Congratulations to our staff and production partners on this great achievement, their passion and creativity made this all possible."
MSG Network's original productions garnered 12 wins in a variety of categories, including four New York Emmys for "The Beacon Theatre: A New York Legend Reborn" and three awards for "Summer of '77." MSG Network also won the Live Sports Event: Program/Special category for Adam Graves Night, the Teen Programming category for "Knicks Poetry Slam" and the Interview/Discussion category for "Road to MSG: Motley Crue." Additional awards were won for directing, promotion, research, audio, set design, lighting, and editing.
MSG Plus took home a trophy in the On-Camera Talent: Sports Play-by Play category, with Mike "Doc" Emrick winning his sixth New York Emmy Award.
A complete list of 2010 New York Emmy Award wins for MSG Media is included below:
2010 MSG Media New York Emmy Awards
1. Arts: Program Feature/Segment – MSG Network – "The Beacon Theatre: A New York Legend Reborn," April 9, 2009
2. Teen Programming – MSG Network – "Knicks Poetry Slam," March 27, 2009
3. On-camera Talent: Sports Play-by-Play – MSG Plus – Mike "Doc" Emrick, October 10, 2008
4. Live Sports Event: Program/Special – MSG Network – Adam Graves Night, February 3, 2009
5. Sports Programming: Regularly Scheduled Program – MSG Network – "Rangers Profiles: #22 Nick Fotiu," February 26, 2009
6. Sports Programming: Program Series – MSG Network – "Knicks Profiles: #2 Larry Johnson," April 10, 2009
7. Sports Programming: Special – MSG Network – "Summer Of '77," April 5, 2009
8. Interview/Discussion – MSG Network – "Road to MSG: Motley Crue," July 7, 2009
9. Promotion: Program Promo Campaign – MSG Network – MSG Heart of New York Campaign, November 1, 2008
10. Director: Live or Live to Tape – MSG Network – Larry Roth, NY Islanders, October 10, 2008
11. Director: Post Production – MSG Network – Roman Gackowski and Lee Umphred, "Summer Of '77," April 5, 2009
12. Research – MSG Network – Bryan Terry, "The Beacon Theatre: A New York Legend Reborn," April 9, 2009
13. Audio – MSG Network – Whelan Power, "The Beacon Theatre: A New York Legend Reborn," April 9, 2009
14. Set Design – MSG Network – Mina Albergo, "The Boomer Esiason Show," September 10, 2008
15. Lighting – MSG Network – Casey McGrath, "The Beacon Theatre: A New York Legend Reborn," April 9, 2009
16. Editor: Program – MSG Network – Lee Umphred, "Summer Of '77," April 5, 2009
About MSG Media
MSG Media is a leader in production and content development for multiple distribution platforms, including content originating from MSG's venues. MSG Media consists of the MSG Networks (MSG network, MSG Plus, MSG HD and MSG Plus HD) regional sports networks and the Fuse Networks (Fuse and Fuse HD), a national television network dedicated to music. MSG Media is also responsible for managing interactive initiatives across all business segments. MSG Media is part of Madison Square Garden, Inc., (NASDAQ: MSG) a fully-integrated sports, entertainment and media business. The company is comprised of three business segments: MSG Sports, MSG Entertainment and MSG Media, which are strategically aligned to work together to drive MSG's overall business, which is built on a foundation of iconic venues and compelling content that MSG creates, produces, presents and/or distributes through its programming networks and other media assets. MSG Sports consists of owning and operating sports franchises, including the New York Knicks (NBA), the New York Rangers (NHL), the New York Liberty (WNBA), and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL). MSG Sports also features other sports properties, including the presentation of a wide variety of live sporting events including professional boxing, college basketball, track and field and tennis. MSG Entertainment is one of the country's leaders in live entertainment. MSG Entertainment creates, produces and/or presents a variety of live productions, including the Radio City Christmas Spectacular featuring the Radio City Rockettes, throughout the country. MSG Entertainment also presents or hosts other live entertainment events such as concerts, family shows and special events in MSG's diverse collection of venues. These venues include Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall, the Theater at Madison Square Garden, the Beacon Theater, the Chicago Theater and the Wang Theater. More information is available at www.msg.com.